EVO NANO Series FAQ
We've put everything you need to get started with your device right here.
How often do the paddles need to be replaced?
The paddles need to be inspected for deformation, wear, breakage and corrosion, and for loose paddle screws before flight. If these conditions exist, the blade and screws need to be replaced.
How to install the propeller correctly?
1. Make sure the aircraft is turned off.
2. Pair the propeller with the dot mark with the arm with the dot, and the propeller without the dot mark is paired with to the arm without the dot.
3. Align the propeller round holes with the motor screw holes and lock the screws tightly.
Does the EVO Nano series support one-key return?
Yes, when using one key to return, please set the return altitude and always observe the surrounding environment to avoid collision during the return.
Does the EVO Nano series have an obstacle avoidance function?
Yes, the front, back and bottom of the aircraft are equipped with binocular vision perception system, so it can do three-way obstacle avoidance.
What is the maximum flying altitude of the EVO Nano series?
800meters (2,624ft.), different countries or regions have different altitude restrictions. Please pay attention to local regulations when flying.
What is the maximum take-off altitude of the EVO Nano series?
What is the maximum flight speed of the EVO Nano series?
The EVO Nano series are all set with three flying gears: smooth gear, normal gear, and sports gear. The maximum flight speed in steady gear is 5m/s; the maximum flight speed in normal gear is 10m/s; the speed in sports gear can reach 15m/s. Users can switch in the App according to their proficiency in flight control and the actual flight environment.
What is the maximum wind resistance of the EVO Nano series?
The maximum wind resistance is level 5 (8.5~10.5m/s; 19~24mph).
Is the EVO Nano series waterproof?
Does the EVO Nano series come with its own storage?
The aircraft has no storage, but there is an SD card slot, which supports up to 256G storage expansion.
How to activate the EVO Nano series aircraft?
You need to connect your mobile phone to the remote controller, then pair with the aircraft through the Autel Sky app, and follow the instructions of the Autel Sky app to complete the activation.
What is the difference between EVO Nano and EVO Nano+?
The only difference between the two products is the camera, and the rest of the performance is the same.
What is the weight of the body of EVO Nano series?
The weight of the aircraft is ≤249g, the weight may vary depending on the production batch, please refer to the actual. EVO Nano series is exempt from registration in some countries or regions, please check the relevant local laws and regulations.
How many colors does the EVO Nano series has?
4 kinds, namely Autel Orange, Arctic White, Blazing Red and Deep Space Gray.
Remote Controller & Image Transmission
How do I use the "mobile fast transfer" function?
1. Turn on the aircraft power supply and place the aircraft on the ground.
2. Connect mobile phone to the remote controller, operate Autel Sky App, and pair aircraft and the remote controller.
3. After pairing, open the album, select the required materials and then click the download icon to realize high-speed download.
- Please use the fast transfer function in an interference-free and unobstructed environment, away from routers, Bluetooth headphones and other sources of interference.
- In countries and regions where 5.8GHz band is allowed by law, the maximum download rate can be achieved in an interference-free and unobstructed environment. If the local 5.8GHz band is not allowed, the download rate will be limited when using 2.4GHz band for transmission.
How to ensure the quality of signal transmission during the flight?
The remote controller antenna is built into the phone holder, please adjust the angle of the antenna according to the position of the drone, i.e. let the top plane of the phone holder face the aircraft, and make sure there is no obstruction between the remote controller and the aircraft.
What are the advantages of Autel SkyLink image transmission?
Autel SkyLink supports 2.4 GHz/5.8 GHz/5.2GHz tri-band. Select dual band mode in Autel Sky app, and the connection band between the aircraft and the remote controller will automatically switch between 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz/5.2GHz according to the interference situation. Autel SkyLink's anti-interference performance and image transmission stability is also stronger.
What is the resolution of the image transmission?
The quality of real-time image transmission is affected by the surrounding environment, and the resolution can reach 2.7K/30FPS when the image transmission distance is less than 1km (0.62miles).
What is the effective image transmission range of the Nano Series?
In an open area that is unobstructed and free of interference, the FCC standard is 10km (6.2miles).
Does the remote controller have custom buttons?
A customizable function button is set in the upper left corner of the remote controller, which can be customized by Autel Sky app to set the following functions.
When you click/double click the custom button: obstacle avoidance on/off; AE lock/unlock; gimbal back to center/down; map/FPV switch.
What interfaces? does the remote controller have?
The Type-C port on the bottom is for charging the remote controller, and the Type-C port on the top is for connecting mobile devices.
Does the remote controller support HDMI output?
Is the remote controller of the EVO Nano series compatible with the EVO Lite series?
Does the EVO Nano series support time-lapse?
Supports surround time-lapse and free time-lapse.
Does the EVO Nano series support panoramic photography?
Support horizontal / vertical / wide angle shot / spherical shot.
Does EVO Nano series support auto-following?
Support for automatic follow-up of selected targets is available through the Autel Sky app.
Does the EVO Nano series support portrait mode?
Support and selectable close-up/medium/telephoto shots.
Does the EVO Nano series support one-click films?
Support 4 kinds of one-click short film mode, respectively: FLICK, ROCKET, FADE AWAY and ORBIT.
Does the EVO Nano series camera support vertical shooting mode?
Supports software cropping to obtain vertical screen images.
What are the photo modes of EVO Nano series?
Single shot, continuous shot, AEB, timer, HDR.
Does the EVO Nano series support shooting RAW format photos?
Does the EVO Nano series support zoom?
Supports 1 - 16x digital zoom.
What types of shooting formats are supported by the EVO Nano series?
What is the maximum resolution of photos and videos that can be taken with the EVO Nano series?
Photo: 8000x6000 (4:3); 4000x3000 (4:3); 3840x2160 (16:9)
Video: 3840x2160 p30/25/24; 2720*1528 p30/25/24; 1920x1080 p60/p50/p48/p30/p25/p24
Photo: 8192x6144 (4:3); 4096*3072 (4:3); 3840*2160 (16:9)
Video: 3840x2160 p30/25/24; 2720*1528 p30/25/24; 1920x1080 p60/p50/p48/p30/p25/p24
What camera sensor is used in the EVO Nano series?
The EVO Nano has a 1/2-inch CMOS sensor with 48 effective megapixels; the EVO Nano+ has a 1/1.28-inch CMOS sensor with 50 effective megapixels.
By what means does the EVO Nano series camera increase stability?
Three-axis mechanical stabilizer gimbal (pitch, yaw, roll)
Does the EVO Nano series support replacement camera?
Can the battery be carried onto a boarding airplane?
The capacity of the battery is 17.32Wh and can be carried on board airplanes according to airline regulations.
Can the battery be used in low-temperature environments?
When the battery is used in a low-temperature environment, note that the battery life will be reduced. To optimize performance in the cold, it is recommended to warm the battery up to 15 °C before use.
How to maintain the battery?
1. do not expose the battery to temperatures below -10°C or above 40°C, which will shorten the battery life and may result in fire, explosion or other permanent damage.
2. Do not charge the battery immediately after a flight, it is recommended to wait until the battery has cooled down to room temperature before charging.
3. the ideal ambient temperature for charging the battery is 10 °C~30 °C;
4. the ideal storage temperature for the battery is 22 °C~28 °C. The battery should be stored in a waterproof and moisture-proof environment, and protected from sunlight.
5. Recharge and discharge the battery every 3 months to keep it active.
How long does it take to charge the battery?
Each battery takes approximately 90 minutes to fully charge.
How to charge the battery?
You can use the Type-C charging cable to charge directly to the aircraft charging port and adapter, or you can use Multi-charger to charge the battery.
What is the maximum battery life of EVO Nano series?
About 28 minutes (windless environment).
APP & Firmware Upgrade
Can I disconnect from the network to continue the upgrade after the firmware download is completed?
What will cause the upgrade to fail?
a.If you turn off the device during the upgrade process, it will cause the upgrade to fail.
b.If you disconnect during the firmware package download process, the upgrade will fail.
c.Make sure the remaining power of the battery and remote control is ≥ 30% before upgrading.
How to upgrade the firmware?
Method : Download the firmware upgrade package from Autel Sky app
1. Open the remote controller and the aircraft, connect your phone to the remote controller and run the Autel Sky app.
2. When the system detects a new firmware version, Autel Sky app will automatically pop up a prompt box after connecting to the aircraft to remind you to download and install.
3. Please follow the instructions on the Autel Sky app to update the firmware, users can check the upgrade process through the app interface.
4. Please restart the flight device and remote controller after the upgrade is completed.
What smart phone systems does Autel Sky app support?
iOS 12.0 and above
Android 8.0 and above
How to upgrade the Autel Sky App?
When the system detects a new App version, the App will automatically pop up a prompt after connecting to the flight, and users can follow the prompt to upgrade the App.